Westfield Chermside has announced the Gallery Mall (Level 2) will open 6 April 2017.
The opening will reveal over 50 new stores as part of the Stage 6 Upgrade.
Retail giants Sephora, Zara and H&M are amongst other leading brands establishing stores within the shopping centre extension.
The range will include fashion, beauty, sportswear and accessories stores, with the following brands announced.
Anthony’s Fine Jewellers
Health & Beauty
Endota Day Spa
Myhealth Medical Centre
Col Nayler Barber Shop
Caffe Cherry Beans
Changes approved and the Extension to Centre Activities are well underway for Westfield Chermside Shopping Centre – Stage 6 , located at 395 Hamilton Road, Chermside.
Redesigned by SCentre Group, the proposed development involves the extension of the existing Westfield Chermside Shopping Centre from to include the following:
- A new Level 2, retail mall, lifestyle precinct (including a partial upper deck mixed use area) and changes to ancillary car parking area above an existing ground level mall (Stage 5) at the northern end of the shopping centre extending to the Myer and DJs;
- A new Level 2 mezzanine car parking deck adjacent to the proposed Level 2 retail mall, along the eastern side of the shopping centre;
- A new car parking deck at Level 3, above the proposed Level 2 extensions, the proposed Level 2 mezzanine car parking area and Level 3 mixed use area located around the lifestyle precinct;
- Upgrading the pedestrian connection from the south east mall entry through the car parking area to the pedestrian walkway, which connects the shopping centre with Playfield Street.
The extension will comprise an increase in floor area and car parking numbers at the completion of Stage 6, Westfield Chermside Shopping Centre will comprise GFA (BCC) 191,851sqm and Car Spaces Minimum of 6,671.
Furthermore, a revised Centre Concept Plan is submitted as part of the application material to principally accommodate future intentions for a bus interchange between Bouchard Street and Banfield Street along Gympie Road.
This was suggested by to account for Translink’s proposal in 2011 – Northern Busway to allow a more central location in proximity to the shopping centre.
Other plan amendments are to address the façade treatment, landscape concept, vehicle ramp location, decked car parking, floor plan (GFA) and extension of the ‘Banfield Street Entertainment and Lifestyle Precinct’
Check out the new Fly Through with additional detail for what’s install in 2017
– New Dining Precinct
– Village Laneway
– Entertainment Precinct
– Galleria Fashion Mall
– International Flagship Retail
Updated Westfield fly thru located on YouTube September 2016 (New Westfield Chermside 2017 – An Experience Like No Other)
According to the planners at Cardno HRP, “the entertainment and lifestyle precinct has been created in anticipation of the delivery of the future Translink bus interchange and the ultimate development envisaged by the Centre Concept Plan. This element of the proposal will see the introduction of a new pedestrian entry within the Level 1 and Level 2 retail malls. The new floor area and subsequent tenancies will provide a transition area between the shopping centre retail mall and entertainment precinct environments and any future pedestrian concourse providing access to the future northern busway bus interchange and adjacent properties”.
The change to the application was approved by Consent Order on 9 September 2015 within the Planning and Environment Court No. 3342 of 2015 @395 Hamilton Road, Chermside. Source: Report prepared by Cardno HRP and Plans and Images prepared by SCentre Group. For more information see the Original Approval, Council reference: A003295478.
Further changes also occurring are:
Hockey Fields being used for staff car parks,
Banfield Road Access and Demolition to the Motel and Tyre Dealership
New Parking Open Now for Christmas 2016