Brisbane City Council have announced two (2) inner-city locations are to be improved by new water features.
As part of the City Fountains and Water Features Renewal project, the Brisbane City Council has made a commitment to provide 2 new water features for residents and visitors to enjoy in Brisbane’s vibrant and open spaces.
– King George Square Water Feature, Brisbane City
– Daphne Mayo Fountain, Brisbane River
The future shape and size of the features has been placed in the hands of the public in an Expression of Interest – design competition, which seeks initial design concepts from individuals, companies and groups comprising of artists, trades and other specialists in combined proposals.
The design must meet criteria including buildability, innovation, sustainability and safety, as well as adhere to predetermined delivery timeframes and construction budgets.
– Release of EOI – 2 August 2017
– Close of EOI – 30 August 2017 (four weeks)
– Construction contracts will be awarded in mid-2018, with the water features to be constructed an operational in the 2018-19 financial year.
Interested parties can apply and submit an Expression of Interest.
Source: Information, Drawings and Images
All article information / images are sourced and available for review from BCC website or other referenced locations.
Water Feature Design