A development application has been lodged for Multiple Dwellings, located at t 89-95 Stevenson Street, Ascot and 20-24 Nudgee Road, Hamilton.
Designed by Plus Architecture, the proposal seeks to provide sixteen (16) units of a low-medium density, with fourteen (14) x 3 bedroom townhouse
units and two (2) x 4 bedroom pre-1946 dwelling houses incorporated into the layout.
The proposal seeks the townhouses arranged in a mix of detached and attached dwellings over 7 buildings. The buildings have maximum building height of 2 storeys (under 9.5m high).
– Demolition of 3 houses
– Fourteen (14) x 3 bedroom townhouse units
– Two (2) x 4 bedroom pre-1946 dwelling houses
– Recreation Area with swimming pool
– Basement car parking
– Sixteen (16) residential bicycle parking
– Four (4) visitor bicycle parking spaces on ground level
– Pedestrian spine connection to street frontages
Each dwelling is provided with private open space in the form of courtyards that have been positioned outwards along the site boundaries or facing internally within the site. Communal space provides a new swimming pool, sun lounge area and pavillin space. Vehicle and pedestrian access is provided to Stevemson Street via a private driveway road.
– Twenty-eight (28) residential spaces provided in private basement garages
– Four (4) visitor car spaces in basement level
– Four (4) spaces at ground level for garages on Stevenson Street
– One (1) space on the driveway of the western house on ground level.
According to the planners at Mewing Planning Consultants “any theoretical bulk and scale is reduced by the landscaping and high quality architectural design. The proposed deep planting, additional landscaping / deep podium planters and proposed communal open space area will be visible from the streetscape and surrounding buildings, which balances the built form outcome within Nudgee Road and Stevenson Street and adjoining sites”.
“All units are provided with an appropriately sized ground level courtyard / terrace, which are conveniently accessible from living areas and have been designed to integrate the indoor spaces with the outdoors as part of the subtropical design of the building. Accordingly, the proposed site cover has not prevented the proposal from providing sufficient private outdoor living areas for residents to enjoy Brisbane’s subtropical climate. It can be noted that balconies are also provided on the upper level of each proposed unit further facilitating opportunities for outdoor living”.
The proposal is for a total site cover of 1,699m2 (52.47%) over the 3,242sqm rectangle shaped site.
We encourage you to follow the Your Neighbourhood Facebook page, to be updated on other projects or developments.
The Application Information and References
– Date Lodged: 24 December 2021
– Council Reference: A005911717
– Address: 89-95 Stevenson Street, Ascot, and 20-24 Nudgee Road, Hamilton
– Zone: Low-medium Density Residential
– Neighbourhood Plan: Racecourse Precinct
– Town Planning Report: Mewing Planning Consultants
– Prepared Plans: Plus Architecture
– Landscape Concept Plan: LAUDink
– Interactive Image: Google Aerial and Streetview
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter
Liked Your Neighbourhood ?
News articles are presented in an unbiased manner from information publicly accessible that include referenced links for the reader to obtain any further information. The facts of the proposed government projects, media releases, school upgrades and development applications are based on the available information at the time of the published date, with information sourced directly from company websites, media releases and development application material. We reference all our information at the end of the articles and promote the creators with website back links.