A development application has been lodged for the upgrade of the Toohey Forest Picnic Area and walking trails, located at 600 Toohey Road, Nathan.
Designed by City Projects Office on behalf of the Natural Environment, Water and Sustainability Branch of Brisbane City Council, the proposal seeks to extend and upgrade the existing picnic area, resurfacing of a walking track, provide a new walking track and install two (2) new viewing platforms in Toohey Forest over four (4) stages.
The aim of the project is to provide for improved infrastructure to accommodate the increased community use, encouraging use and education about the natural and heritage values of the Toohey Forest Park, which includes approximately 260 hectares of open eucalypt forest (Mt Gravatt Outlook Reserve).
Development Works & Stages
– Removal and resurfacing of the ground treatment within the picnic area
– Reconstruction of the barbeque and shelter facility
– Resurfacing portion of the Toohey Ridge track
– New ground surface treatment in expanded picnic area
– Construction of new barbeques, shelter and seating facilities
– Upgrade to the existing and proposed new lighting facilities within the picnic area.
– Widened vehicle access driveway from Toohey Road
– New footpath from Toohey Road to the proposed new picnic area
– Reconfiguration of the existing car park to accommodate 33 car parking spaces (including 2 PWD)
– Final resurfacing and realignment of the Toohey Ridge Track
– Construct two (2) new lookouts
– Removal of 16 small trees
– landscaping and restoration of cleared area.
According to the planners at City Projects Office, “the proposal will provide park embellishments which will improve vehicle access, pedestrian movement and park embellishments. The purpose of the development is to provide for improved infrastructure which is catered to the increased community use of Toohey Forest Park, and to highlight the natural and heritage values of the parklands”.
The proposed works will occur in the on the 2,148,715sqm subject site.
The Application Information and References
– Lodged Change 20 February 2018
– Council Reference: A004862697
– Address: Toohey Forest, 600 Toohey Road, Nathan
– Zone: Conservation District and Metropolitan
– Neighbourhood Plan: None
– Application Report: City Projects Office
– Design Drawings: City Projects Office
– Interactive Image: Google Streetview
Source: Information, Drawings and Images
All article information is sourced and available for review from BCC pdonline or other referenced locations.
Have you Liked Your Neighbourhood ?