The Queensland Ballet has announced a proposal for the Refurbishment of the Thomas Dixon Centre and Performing Arts Expansion, located at 406 Montague Road, West End.
Conrad Garett, appointed architect for the redevelopment project has proposed a design for the refurbishment for the Thomas Dixon Centre and a three (3) storey building modern extension with central interconnecting promenade.
Thomas Dixon Centre Refurbishments
– Heritage listed building retained and history on display throughout
– New café towards Drake Street
– New bar and function space within air raid shelters
– Office, kitchen staff rooms, gym and amenities
– Treatment and wellness centre
– In-ground cold pool
– Dance studios 1-4 with high ceilings
– Demolition of the existing non-original fitout
– Demolition of existing non-original stair
– Exposure of the original timber columns and beams
– Retained original features where possible
New Performing Arts Extension
– Performance studio, stage and tiered seating for 350-400 attendance
– Lobby/entrance including box office and reception
– Community studio
– Dancer lounge, dressing rooms and amenities
– Dance studios and dressing rooms
– 2 Levels of basement car park
– Access to Raven Street and Duke Street
– Servicing and loading area from Drake Street
– Wardrobe archive (climate controlled storage)
– Wardrobe workshop and fitting rooms
– Management/offices and meeting areas
– Large main atrium entrance
– Extends the length of the buildings
– Connectivity between the separated areas, studios and facilitates
– Thomas Dixon Centre external façade is displayed
Landscaping & Externals
– Raven Street Bar and Function Space
– Garden rooms and Flexible spaces
– Trees, seating, Movable furniture
– Mixture of turf and deco
– Enclosed intimate spaces
– Outdoor meeting spaces
66 vehicle car parking spaces (including PWD) and 7 motorcycle spaces are provided with 2 levels of basement car parking. Vehicle access is provided via Raven Street and service delivery from Drake Street.
The details can be viewed in person at the Thomas Dixon Centre, 406 Montague Road, West End within the Queensland Ballet reception area between 26 February 2018 and 20 March 2018.
Source: Information, Drawings and Images
All article information is sourced and available for review from referenced locations.
Have you Liked Your Neighbourhood ?