The development application has been recently approved for Extension to Educational Establishment of Stuartholme School, located at 365 Birdwood Terrace, Toowong.
Designed by Brand+Slater Architecture, the proposal seeks to create new administration space, by closing the existing road tunnel, restructuring the roadway and providing new pedestrian access.
Proposed development involves the following:
– Closing the existing road tunnel under the existing chapel
– New administration space 102sqm.
– Internal modifications to suit existing spaces.
– Amendments to roadway and pedestrian paths
– Retention of existing access and internal circulation arrangements
– New outdoor seating
– New sandstone wall and school sign
– New blockwall, concrete slab and retaining wall.
According to the planners at Craven Town Planning, “With respect to the area outside the heritage place boundary, an adjoining heritage place, the proposed space is wholly within an existing building, so cannot impair views of the on-site heritage places. The proposal adds 102m2 of administration space and does not create the potential for more students or staff, it would not attract any additional people or vehicle movements to or from the site. It does not in any real sense change the existing scale and bulk of the premises.”
The Code (risksmart) application was lodged 29 July 2016 and approved 1 September 2016 @365 Birdwood Terrace, Toowong (Stuartholme School). Source: Application Report was prepared by Craven Town Planning, Drawings were prepared by Brand+Slater Architecture and available for review from BCC pdonline. See Council reference: A004442823 for more information.