A development application has been lodged for Woolworths distribution facility located at 14 and 30 Seeana Place, Heathwood.
Designed by Watson Young Architecture, the proposal is for Warehouse and High Impact Industry which will contain a temperature Controlled Distribution Facility (ground floor including two mezzanine floors) is 2-3 storey with maximum building height of 45m in height.
The large industrial building includes ground floor, mezzanine and first floor. Also included is a single-storey truck maintenance and washdown facility, offices and storage areas. It is outlined that a conveyor system is also proposed as a potential addition due to the adjacent meat processing facility.
– Industry / Warehouse building
– Chilled and freezer storage areas with high level racking
– Three level (ground and two mezzanine) “pick hall” for order assembly
– Logistics areas for loading and unloading delivery vehicles
– Truck maintenance and washdown area Fire pump and duel tanks
– Outdoor break and smorking areas
– Ancillary offices and services
– Hardstanding, parking and manoeuvring areas.
The proposal provides landscaped edges along the property boundaries, with pedestrian connections Seeana Place and car park area. Loading zones and additional truck parking have been provided to the rear.
A total of 450 car parking spaces are proposed (including 5 PWD spaces), nine (9) motorcycle and 54 bicycle spaces also proposed. Split driveway provision has been proposed for separate truck and car access to Seeana Place.
According to the planners at RPS Group, “the immediate character of land in the vicinity of the site is dominated by existing industrial buildings with large footprints and bulky formats along with large scale infrastructure items and road networks including the Logan Motorway and high voltage transmission lines. In the immediate context, the proposed building is not dissimilar to existing, approved and proposed neighbouring structures”.
The proposal is for 58,728sqm of GFA of retail showroom, over the 12.32ha site, which makes up part of the 24.62ha site area.
The Application Information and References
– Date Lodged 8 May 2017
– Council Reference: A004643758
– Address: 14 and 30 Seeana Place, Heathwood
– Zone: Industry (General Industry B) Zone
– Neighbourhood Plan: Lower Oxley Creek South
– Application Report: RPS Group
– Design Drawings: Watson Young Architecture
– Landscaping: RPS Group
Source: Information, Drawings and Images
All article information is sourced and available for review from BCC pdonline or other referenced locations.