A development application has been lodged for a Retirement Facility and Community Centre (stage 3) over the Oxley Priority Development Area (PDA), located at 53 Seventeen Mile Rocks Road and 113 Cliveden Avenue, Oxley.
Stage 1 and Masterplan was approved over the the former Oxley Secondary College on 9 December 2020, since the PDA was established and a Subdivision for 48 new lots (Stage 2) were lodged on 25 June 2021 over the Oxley PDA.
Designed by Conrad Gargett, the proposal is for seventy Seven (77) residential units of a medium density nature within three (3) residential buildings with a 6 storey maximum building height. A single storey community centre will also be constructed as the focal point for the overall facility.
– Community centre (Building 1 is 1 storey)
– Retirement facility (Building 2 contains 12 apartments and is 3 storeys)
– Retirement facility (Building 3 contains 36 apartments and is 6 storeys)
– Retirement facility (Building 4 contains 29 apartments and is 6 storeys)
The proposal provides 158 car park spaces (127 residential and 31 visitor spaces) within single level of basement with vehicle access to Seventeen Miles Rock Road, via the newly contructed local streets.
The approval includes 5,861sqm of gross floor area (GFA) with 1,962sqm (59.5%) of site cover over the 3,298sqm development site.
The planners at Peak Urban state, “The proposed Community Centre will provide a focal point for activity within the proposed development that will support various social and community events and gatherings. The Community Centre will remain under the control of the management of the Retirement Facility but will be made publicly available for public hire”.
“A Display Suite (i.e. defined as Sales Office) is to be nominated on site for the purposes of providing visualisation of the retirement accommodation options afforded by the proposed development. The display suite will be nominated within one of the residential buildings. The operation of the Display Suite will be temporary on site until such time as the development has achieved sufficient sales”.
The proposal will be 5,861sqm gross floor area over the 9,644sqm development area of the 13.38ha site.
We encourage you to like the Your Neighbourhood Facebook page, to be updated on other projects or developments.
The Application Information and References
– Date Lodged: 27 October 2021
– Council: Brisbane City Council
– EDQ Reference: #DEV2021/1234
– Address: 53 Seventeen Mile Rocks Road and 113 Cliveden Avenue, Oxley.
– Zone: Environmental protection, Open space and recreation and Community
– Local Plan: Oxley Priority Development Area
– Application Report: Peak Urban
– Architecture Plan: Peak Urban
– Landscape Plans: Place Design Group
– Interactive Image: Google Streetview and Aerial
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter
Liked Your Neighbourhood ?
News articles are presented in an unbiased manner from information publicly accessible that include referenced links for the reader to obtain any further information. The facts of the proposed government projects, media releases, school upgrades and development applications are based on the available information at the time of the published date, with information sourced directly from company websites, media releases and development application material. We reference all our information at the end of the articles and promote the creators with website back links.