A development application has been lodged for multiple dwellings and retail, located within ‘Hillyard House’ (Stage 7) of the South City Square redevelopment, situated at 148 Logan Road, Woolloongabba.
Designed by DBI Architects, the proposal seeks Stage 7 of the South City Square, providing retail tenancies on the ground floor, with one hundred and fifty two (152) residential units within 16 storey residential tower above over two stages.
The site has frontage to Logan Road, Deshon Street and Sword Street, with the following construction occuring:
– Three completed towers (Stages 1 to 3)
– Under construction podium, central square (Stage 4)
– Minor works relating to the Stage 7 slab
– Remainder of the site is cleared.
152 Multiple Dwellings
– One hundred twenty three (123) x 1 Bedroom Units
– Twenty Eight (28) x 2 Bedroom Units
– One (1) x 3 Bedroom Units
– Retail (254sqm)
– 20% deep planting (Secret Garden)
– rooftop communal area
– Swimming pool and decking
– Curvaceous tower form
– Link between the Central Square area and the Secret Garden.
A rooftop open space and communal area is proposed that includes:
– Residential pool
– Day beds (double sized)
– Private dining and semi-private dining areas
– High bar seating pod for residents
– Large turfed area and decking for fitness activities
– Landscaping planters, screening and statement trees.
Stage 4 is constructing a shared basement and 188 car parks will be dedicated to Stage 7 on basement levels three and four. The basement will be accessed from the basement will be from a future Logan Road entrance.
The planners at Urbis state, “The proposed development achieves a high level of compliance with the applicable assessment benchmarks of the Preliminary Approval and the Planning Scheme. In the majority of circumstances, this is achieved by compliance with the prescribed Acceptable Outcomes within the applicable assessment benchmarks”.
“The Acceptable Outcomes are prescriptive measurable criteria for development and represent one way of achieving Performance Outcomes.
In some limited instances, compliance with certain prescribed acceptable outcomes is not proposed and alternative approaches to achieve the corresponding Performance Outcomes have been proposed. In this regard the Planning Scheme is a performance based planning scheme and Performance Outcomes are considered to be overarching guidelines for development”.
We encourage you to like the Your Neighbourhood Facebook page, to be updated on other projects or developments.
The Application Information and References
– Date Lodged: 14 October 2021
– Council Reference: A005856292
– Address: 148 Logan Road, Woolloongabba
– Zone: High Density Residential (Up to 15 storeys)
– Neighbourhood Plan: Woolloongabba Centre
– Application Report: Urbis
– Architect Drawings: DBI Architects
– Landscape Architect: RPS Group
– Interactive Image: Google Aerial and Streetview
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter
Liked Your Neighbourhood ?
News articles are presented in an unbiased manner from information publicly accessible that include referenced links for the reader to obtain any further information. The facts of the proposed government projects, media releases, school upgrades and development applications are based on the available information at the time of the published date, with information sourced directly from company websites, media releases and development application material. We reference all our information at the end of the articles and promote the creators with website back links.