A development application has been lodged for Multiple Dwellings, located at 8-12 Anstey Street and 16 Lever Street, Albion.
Designed by DAH Architecture the proposal seeks forty two (42) x3 bedroom residential units (each two storey) of a medium density nature within an elongated 8 storey residential building (maximum building height of is approximately 28.4m). The four existing dwellings will be removed to facilitate the redevelopment of the site.
– 84 residential car spaces
– 10 visitor car space (1x PWD)
– 2x lift wells
– Basement ramp
– Vehicle access to Lever Street
– Anstey Street Entrance, Lobby and Lift wells
– 3 bedroom unit with balcony
– Kedron Avenue pedestrian entrance
– 87 Bicycle storage spaces
– Levels ground and 1 – Ten (10) x 3 bedroom unit with balcony
– Levels 2 and 3 – Eleven (11) x 3 bedroom unit with balcony
– Levels 4 and 5 – Eleven (11) x 3 bedroom unit with balcony
– Levels 6 and 7 – Seven (7) x 3 bedroom unit with balcony
– Communal Area
– Swimming Pool and deck
– Rooftop terrace for units 37 – 41
The planners at Mewing Planning Consultants state “The proposed built form is compatible with and consistent with the intended medium density residential character having regard to the provisions under the Neighbourhood Plan and Multiple Dwelling Code, refer to the discussion provided in the above sections”.
“The development represents a highly articulated and modulated built form, with variation in the use of material and colours to balance the visual bulk and scale of the development in the streetscape. The proposed development provides an appropriate interface to adjoining properties, with setbacks that provide for sufficient separation between existing and potential future development”.
The proposal provides 94 car park spaces within the basement and provides vehicle access to Lever Street.
The approval includes 1,190.18sqm (56.3%) site cover over the 2,114sqm development site.
We encourage you to like the Your Neighbourhood Facebook page, to be updated on other projects or developments.
The Application Information and References
– Date Lodged: 24 January 2021
– Council Reference: A005911729
– Address: -12 Anstey Street and 16 Lever Street, Albion
– Zone: Medium Density Residential Zone
– Neighbourhood Plan: Albion Neighbourhood Plan – Albion Village Precinct
– Application Report: Mewing Planning Consultants
– Design Drawings: DAH Architecture
– Landscape Drawings: BOM BAX Design
– Interactive Image: Google Aerial and Streetview
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter
Liked Your Neighbourhood ?
News articles are presented in an unbiased manner from information publicly accessible that include referenced links for the reader to obtain any further information. The facts of the proposed government projects, media releases, school upgrades and development applications are based on the available information at the time of the published date, with information sourced directly from company websites, media releases and development application material. We reference all our information at the end of the articles and promote the creators with website back links.