A development application has been lodged for a Playground for the Home Maker Centre, located at 34 Goggs Road, Jindalee.
Designed by Aventus Group, the proposal seeks external works in the existing car parking area between Freedom Store, Ozdesign Furniture and Bare Bones Society Cafe to provide an outdoor children’s play area and retain the existing built form of the home maker centre.
– Construct a children’s play area over a small car park area
– Reduce the number of car parking by eight (8)
– Closed an access driveway to create a cul-de-sac
– Relocate the pedestrian ramp along northern kerb boundary
– New footpath and kerbing along the perimeter of the play area;
– New bollards along the perimeter of the play area;
– New pedestrian ramp and crossing to/from Freedom Store
– Landscaping, fencing, playground equipment, seating and shade sail
The planners at Willowtree Planning state, “The proposed children’s play area sits internal to the Jindalee Home Centre (subject site) between the Bare Bones Society café and Oz Design Furniture and is largely screened by
existing retail tenancies. The proposed play area would not increase gross floor area and is deemed as ‘minor building work’ under the Brisbane City Plan. The playground equipment has been carefully considered to result in a highquality play area with associated landscape treatment that would complement the existing centre activities.”
We encourage you to like the Your Neighbourhood Facebook page, to be updated on other projects or developments.
The Application Information and References
– Date Lodged: 12 November 2021
– Council Reference: A005879035
– Address: 34 Goggs Road, Jindalee
– Zone: District Centre
– Neighbourhood Plan: Centenary Suburbs
– Application Report: Willowtree Planning
– Design Drawings: Aventus Group
– Landscape Drawings: Aventus Group
– Interactive Image: Google Aerial and Streetview
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter
Liked Your Neighbourhood ?
News articles are presented in an unbiased manner from information publicly accessible that include referenced links for the reader to obtain any further information. The facts of the proposed government projects, media releases, school upgrades and development applications are based on the available information at the time of the published date, with information sourced directly from company websites, media releases and development application material. We reference all our information at the end of the articles and promote the creators with website back links.