A development application has been lodged by Home Consortium for Toys R Us / Babies R Us (Retail) and Indoor Sport and Recreation (Gym) within the transformed existing Masters Home Improvement Store, located at 58 Precinct Street, Parkinson.
Designed by The Buchan Group, the proposal requires physical internal configuration changes to the existing centre to accommodate the new retail store, gym and maintain the existing Amart store.
– Toys R Us / Babies R Us (Tenancy 1)
– 24/7 Gymnasium (Tenancy 7)
– Amart (Tenancy 2) – Retained Retail
Seven (7) large retail tenancies are included in the changes to the internal reconfiguration of the existing layout as detailed
– Tenancy 1 (Toys R Us – 2,225sqm)
– Tenancy 2 (Amart – 4,855sqm)
– Tenancy 3 (249sqm)
– Tenancy 4 (426sqm)
– Tenancy 5 (943sqm)
– Tenancy 6 (927sqm)
– Tenancy 7 (Gym 2,116sqm)
– Food and Drink Outlet (123sqm)
– Mall, service corridors and egress pathways
– Back of House and amenities
The planners at Urbis state, “the proposal does not result in any changes to the built form in terms of scale, bulk or appearance; or the overall gross floor area. The changes do not result in the loss of any car parking spaces, and do not significantly alter the existing servicing and access arrangements to the site.”
Home Consortium was successful in changing the internal reconfigurations and rebranding of the former Masters Home Improvement Store façades in August 2017, with Brisbane City Council approving the application (Council ref: A004625015) for new tenants to the centre and existing 12,170sqm GFA retained.
The Home Consortium is made up 40 bulky good tenants, with several listed, Spotlight, Anaconda, Chemist Warehouse, JB Hi-Fi, The Good Guys, Super Amart, BBQs Galore, Boating Camping Fishing (BCF), Super Cheap Auto and Amart Sports.
The proposal retains the existing 13,482sqm of GFA and 16.5% of site cover, over the 36,440sqm site.
The Application Information and References
– Date Lodged 8 February 2018
– Council Reference: A004852658
– Address: 58 Precinct Street, Parkinson
– Zone: IN2 Industry (General industry B)
– Neighbourhood Plan: Lower Oxley Creek south
– Application Report: Urbis
– Design Drawings: The Buchan Group
– Indicative Images: from Home Consortium
– Previous Approval: August 2017 (A004625015)
Source: Information, Drawings and Images
All article information is sourced and available for review from BCC pdonline or other referenced locations.
Have you Liked Your Neighbourhood ?