The Sport and Recreation Precinct (Stage S) within the Carseldine Urban Village is officially open to the public, with a local club cricket match played at ‘The Green’, between Bracken Ridge and Brookfield United.
Bart Mellish, Member for Aspley welcomed the opening outlining the new sporting grounds will become a social and sporting hub for the local community.
“The Green is a fantastic space for adults and children to play and train, and will encourage more local residents to get out and get active,” Mr Mellish said.
“It features a range of sporting fields, exercise equipment and play areas for children, with barbeques, seating and plenty of parking.
“The eSwitch lighting control system is linked to a downloadable booking app called BrightSport, which allows the sporting fields to be booked with or without lighting,”
“When a booking is made, a unique password is then given out, which can be used through the app during the booked time slot to turn the lights on and off”, Mr Mellish said
The Green Precinct
– Three grassed soccer fields, two of which are also suitable for rugby league
– Turf cricket pitch and synthetic practice nets
– Two dual purpose hard courts for tennis and netball
– Two grassed volleyball courts
– Half-court basketball court and an outdoor ping pong table
– New amenities block, public toilets, barbecues and shaded seating
– All-abilities playground
– Exercise equipment and yoga lawn
– More than 120 new car parks
The precinct includes innovative power and water-saving technology in its design. Floodlights with automated LED and internal weather monitor controlling the irrigation control system, the fields wont be using unnecessary water.
Keane White, Treasurer of the Bracken Ridge District Cricket Club outlined that new sports precinct is a fantastic addition for the local cricket community.
“It’s very exciting to have a new cricket field to play on and we hope the facilities inspire more people to join local sporting clubs and live a healthy and active lifestyle,”
“There will be more opportunities for junior and senior cricketers to play and train at night, and being able to turn the lights on and off automatically will save sporting club volunteers a lot of time.” Mr White said.
$1 Million Pedestrian & Cycle Bridge
Bart Mellish, Member for Aspley also outlined that Carseldine Urban Village will soon be connected directly with Aspley State High School , with Davbridge Constructions to begin work in late January on the construction of a new pedestrian and cycle bridge and anticipate a mid-year completion.
“The new bridge is another great active living asset for our community,”
“It will provide safer access across Cabbage Tree Creek, giving students and residents a more direct route between the school, sporting fields and public transport.”
“We’re really excited to be involved in the project, particularly as we understand how much this bridge means to the local community,” Mr Davies said.
We encourage you to like the Your Neighbourhood Facebook page, to be updated on other projects or developments in Brisbane or surrounds.
The Application Information and References
– Address: 532 Beams Road, Carseldine
– Priority Development Area: Fitzgibbon
– Landscape Masterplan: Urbis
– Subdivision Drawings: RPS Group
– Interactive Image: Google Aerial and Streetview
– Media Statement: New Carseldine sports precinct bowls over local community
– New Information Website Carseldine Village
– Landscape Masterplan: Link
Source: Information, Drawings and Images
All article information is sourced and available for review from referenced locations.
Liked Your Neighbourhood ?