A development application has been lodged for a new roof top bar and micro-brewery, in an extension to the existing Cloudland nightclub entertainment venue, located at 641 Ann Street, Fortitude Valley.
Designed by Wallacebrice Architecture, the proposal seeks to provide a new rooftop bar and entertainment terrace area as the sixth storey extension to the existing hotel premises, with a maximum building height of 22.6m.
The sixth floor extensions to the existing hotel premises requires internal demolition work to provide stairs from the third level and lift core. New floor slab replaces the existing roof and creates storage for the micro brewery.
– 814sqm gross floor area added
– micro-brewery (south-east enclosed space)
– new bar and covered outdoor area
– new kitchen, washroom, storage area, amenities and lift lobby.
– built to boundary on the eastern, southern and western boundaries
– designed façade to Ann Street
– seating areas and landscaping within the rooftop
– internal demolition work
– new stairs from the third level to the roof top bar
– internal building work to accommodate bathrooms on the third level
– new building slab to replace the existing roof over the void
– storage room and air conditioning plant.
The planners at Murray & Associates state, “The proposed rooftop represents a high quality architectural design that includes a mix of materials, building elements and landscaping that creates visual interest in the streetscape. The concave façade elements that project from the main building line provide articulation and visual interest in the façade, which is an improvement from the flat façade to Ann Street under the development approval.”
The proposal includes an additional 814sqm of gross floor area (GFA) to the existing nightclub entertainment venue.
We encourage you to like the Your Neighbourhood Facebook page, to be updated on other projects or developments in Brisbane or surrounds.
The Application Information and References
– Date Lodged 12 November 2020
– Council Reference: A005592231
– Address: 641 Ann Street, Fortitude Valley
– Zone: Principal Centre
– Neighbourhood Plan: Fortitude Valley
– Application Report: Mewing Planning Consultants
– Design Drawings: Wallacebrice Architecture
– Interactive Image: Google Aerial and Streetview
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter
Liked Your Neighbourhood ?
News articles are presented in an unbiased manner from information publicly accessible that include referenced links for the reader to obtain any further information. The facts of the proposed government projects, media releases, school upgrades and development applications are based on the available information at the time of the published date, with information sourced directly from company websites, media releases and development application material. We reference all our information at the end of the articles and promote the creators with website back links.