A development application has been approved for Multiple Dwellings, located at 22-24 Kedron Avenue, Mitchelton.
Designed by Elevation Achitecture, the proposal is for fifty four (54) residential units of a medium density nature within 6 storey residential tower (maximum building height of 25.2m). The two existing dwellings will be removed to facilitate the redevelopment of the site.
– Entrance, Lobby and Lift well
– One (1) x 2 bedroom unit with balcony
– Kedron Avenue pedestrian entrance
– Visitor car park and basement ramp
– 45 Car spaces (including 11 visitor spaces)
– 2 Accessible car spaces (1 for resident, 1 for visitor)
– 2 Motorcycle spaces
– 14 Visitor Bicycle spaces
– 19 Resident Bicycle spaces
– One (1) x 1 bedroom unit
– Seven (7) x 2 bedroom units
– One (1) x 3 bedroom unit
– Three (3) x 3 bedroom units
– Swimming pool
– Outdoor seating
– Indoor bbq area
The planners at IB Town Planning state “the development contains a mix of one, two and three bedroom residential units in order to provide a variety of residential living options. This also enables substantial variation and articulation of the building facade to ensure that the building size and scale is sympathetic to the developing character of the precinct, which provides a transition from the predominantly commercial areas to the west, to multi-storey residential development consistent with the intent of the Mitchelton Centre Neighbourhood Plan”.
The proposal provides 110 car park spaces within the basement and the ground floor with vehicle access to Kedron Avenue.
The approval includes 1,370.8sqm (75.9%) site cover over the 1,806sqm development site.
We encourage you to like the Your Neighbourhood Facebook page, to be updated on other projects or developments.
The Application Information and References
– Date Lodged: 8 November 2021
– Council Reference: A005876576
– Address: 22-24 Kedron Avenue, Mitchelton
– Zone: Major Centre
– Neighbourhood Plan: Mitchelton Centre
– Application Report: IB Town Planning
– Design Drawings: Elevation Achitecture
– Landscape Drawings: N/A
– Interactive Image: Google Aerial and Streetview
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter
Liked Your Neighbourhood ?
News articles are presented in an unbiased manner from information publicly accessible that include referenced links for the reader to obtain any further information. The facts of the proposed government projects, media releases, school upgrades and development applications are based on the available information at the time of the published date, with information sourced directly from company websites, media releases and development application material. We reference all our information at the end of the articles and promote the creators with website back links.