A development application has been lodged for Multiple Dwellings, Offices, Shops, and Food and Drink Outlets, located at 1175, 1181 & 1183 Sandgate Road, Nundah.
Designed by Gardner Vaughan Group, the proposal seeks forty nine (49) medium density luxury residential units within a residential building that has a maximum building height of 11 storeys. The ground floor provides a landscaped plaza setting with a high ceiling and tenancies (including alfresco dining) in proximity to the main entrance and residential /office lobby.
The podium includes a first floor of office space and a recreational area for the residential building, with the rooftop providing a communal swimming pool, barbeque, dining lounge, spa and landscaping.
The existing single storey commercial buildings and structures will be removed to facilitate the proposed site redevelopment, within the Mixed use zone and Toombul-Nundah District Neighbourhood Plan.
– New 11 storey residential building
– 2 storeys of building podium
– Nineteen (19) x 1 bedroom dwellings
– Eight (8) x 2 bedroom dwellings
– Sixteen (16) x 3 bedroom dwellings
– Six (6) x 4 bedroom dwellings
– Ground floor restaurant tenancies (295sqm)
– Ground floor alfresco (52sqm)
– Office space (568sqm)
– 5 basement levels for 132 car park spaces
– New access to Danby Lane.
– Enhanced laneway connectivity.
The planners at Urban Strategies state, “The building is now 10 storeys, containing 2 levels of office, shop, and food and drink outlets, 8 levels of residential units, and a rooftop communal recreation area that complies with the pending changes to the storey definition. A number of design changes have been undertaken such that the building now has an
apparent height of a lesser number of storeys, and appropriately addresses the importance of its corner site location in a manner that does not negatively impact on existing and future built form outcomes intended for the wider area”.
“The proposed podium is two storey. Front tower setbacks are generally in the range of 3m – 6.7m. The southern side boundary setback has been reduced to assist with reducing the number of storeys.”.
“The development is to provide a total of 132 cars within five basement levels. The Multiple
Dwelling is allocated a total of 83 spaces for residents and 13 visitor spaces which complies
with the Acceptable Outcome. The commercial uses are allocated 36 spaces which is a
surplus of 10 spaces over the maximum requirement for commercial uses within 400m
walking distance of a railway station“.
The proposal seeks 6,249sqm of gross floor area (GFA), with 1,120sqm (82.1%) in site cover across the 1,364sqm development site.
We encourage you to like the Your Neighbourhood Facebook page, to be updated on other projects or developments.
The Application Information and References
– Date Lodged: 2 April 2022
– Council Reference: A005980915 A005938358
– Address: 1175, 1181 & 1183 Sandgate Road, Nundah
– Zone: Mixed Use Zone (Inner City Precinct)
– Neighbourhood Plan: Toombul-Nundah District
– Application Report: Urban Strategies
– Design Drawings: Gardner Vaughan Group
– Landscape Drawing: Jeremy Ferrier Landscape Architects
– Interactive Image: Google Aerial and Streetview
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter
Liked Your Neighbourhood ?
News articles are presented in an unbiased manner from information publicly accessible that includes referenced links for the reader to obtain any further information. The facts of the proposed government projects, media releases, school upgrades and development applications are based on the available information at the time of the published date, with information sourced directly from company websites, media releases and development application material. We reference all our information at the end of the articles and promote the creators with website backlinks.