A development application was lodged for external façade works and now the new McDonald’s Restaurant is opened, located at 130 Queen Street and Albert Street, Brisbane
Designed by Landini and Associates the proposal is for preliminary approval regarding the building work involved to perform alterations to the façade of a building fronting the Queen Street Mall and Albert Street (previously the existing Jo’sJo’s restaurant).
The proposed internal and external works are as follows:
– Private Dining Areas
– Young Adults, Café and General Seating
– Play Zone
– Kitchen, Counter and Store Rooms
– Staff areas and training
– Escalator entrance
– Self Order
– Fixed tables and moveable chairs with a total dining capacity of 100
– External play equipment at the Albert Street/Burnett Lane corner of the balcony
– Potted planters between external furniture
– Clear glazed balcony balustrading with vertical timber slats to the ‘family’ seating area
– Timber slatted roof over balcony with clear glass panels above
– Yellow treatment to ceiling of ground floor entrance
– New entry (up) and exit (down) escalators to replace existing stairs and escalator
– Bi-fold doors across entrance boundary in the event of restaurant closure
– External lighting to entrance area
– Colourback glass panels to entrance area
– New Signage and Illuminated M symbols
The proposed McDonald’s Restaurant fit out does propose extensions to the Gross Floor Area or existing building footprint.
The planners at Urbis state that “the proposal will revitalise a key restaurant tenancy within the Queen Street Mall. The high quality of the restaurant retrofit will ensure that the Mall continues to be the retail pre-eminent centre of Queensland”
The application was lodged 17 March 2017 @ 130 Queen Street and Albert Street. Source: Application Report was prepared by Urbis, Plans prepared by Landini and Associates and available for review from BCC pdonline. See Council reference: A004610220 for more information.