A development application has been lodged to change the existing Multiple Dwellings approved, located 27 – 31 Mascar Street, Upper Mount Gravatt.
Designed by Mosaic Property Group, the proposal seeks forty two (42) medium density units within a residential tower that proposes a maximum building height of 8 storeys within the High Density Residential zone. The existing two (2) single detached dwellings will be removed to facilitate the proposed development.
– Thirty Five (35) x 2 bedroom apartments
– Seven (7) x 3 bedroom apartments
Private open space is provided in the form of balconies and the proposed development provides 70sqm of communal open space on ground floor, which provides landscaping, visitor bicycle parks and open space area.
The proposal contains 63 car parking spaces (56 residential spaces and 7 visitor space) including 42 bicycle parks provided at ground level and within two (2) basements levels. Vehicle and pedestrian access is provided to Mascar Street.
Proposed Building Design Amendments
-Reduction in the yield from 57 units to 42 units;
– A single basement level and ground car park consisting of 63 spaces;
– Increase in private open space areas;
– Minor amendments to landscaping and communal open space areas;
– Reduction in rear boundary setback.
The planners at DTS Group Qld state that, “the modified development reduces the yield by 15 dwelling units, providing more spacious, functional product that provides more housing variety to the local market. The modifications product substantial improvements to the existing development approval in particular with regard to elevational design, deep planting and open space aspects of the development“.
The proposed development seeks 4,188sqm of GFA, with 752sqm (53.9%) of site cover over the 1,396sqm site.
The Application Information and References
– Date Lodged 4 January 20178
– Council Reference: A004827408
– Previous Council Reference: A004282958
– Address: 27 – 31 Mascar Street, Upper Mount Gravatt
– Zone: High Density Residential
– Neighbourhood Plan: Mount Gravatt Corridor
– Application Report: DTS Group Qld
– Architectural Drawings: Mosaic Property Group
– Landscape Drawings: PDT Landscape
– Interactive Image: Google Streetview
Source: Information, Drawings and Images
All article information is sourced and available for review from BCC pdonline or other referenced locations.
Have you Liked Your Neighbourhood ?