A development application has been lodged for a new Library and Ward Office, located at 77 Bracken Street, Bracken Ridge.
Designed by City Projects Office on behalf of the Natural Environment, Water and Sustainability Branch of Brisbane City Council, the proposal seeks to provide a new co-located library and ward office over the existing car park and new grassed courtyard and car park provided where this existing building stands over 2 stages.
The existing community centre and hall on the site will allow the library to remain open until completion.
– Tree removal and demolition
– Excavation and retaining walls
– Construction of the parking under the library and ward office
– Construction of the proposed library and ward office.
– Linked footpaths
– Improvements to the northern carpark
– Demolition of the existing library
– Construction of a courtyard
– New central parking area
– Landscaping and civil works across the site
The proposal includes bicycle parks, 56 car parks (including 3 disability spaces) and 2 motorcycle car parking spaces within the ground floor and library under-croft car park. Vehicle access is proposed via a new internal driveway to the widened access retained to Bracken Street. Pedestrian connections are provided throughout the site.
According to the planners at City Projects Office, “the design and construction of the development will retain the existing community buildings located on the site and allow for the operation of the existing library for most of the construction period until completion of the new library”.
The proposed works will occur on the 6,400sqm subject site.
We encourage you to like the Your Neighbourhood Facebook page, to be updated on other projects or developments in Brisbane or surrounds.
The Application Information and References
– Lodged Change 14 June 2018
– Council Reference: A004946484
– Address: 77 Bracken Street, Bracken Ridge
– Zone: Sport and Recreation (local)
– Neighbourhood Plan: Bracken Ridge and District
– Application Report: City Projects Office
– Design Drawings: City Projects Office
– Interactive Image: Google Streetview
Source: Information, Drawings and Images
All article information is sourced and available for review from BCC pdonline or other referenced locations.
Like Your Neighbourhood?