A development application has been lodged for a Childcare Centre, located 14 & 18 Kurts Street, Holland Park West.
Designed by Local Office Architecture, the proposal is for a Childcare Centre with a maximum building height of 2 storeys (approx. 8.1m in height). The proposal is within a Low Density Residential Zone and will remove the two (2) existing residential dwelling to facilitate the development.
– 89 Children
– GFA 639.5sqm
– 3 External Play Areas (609.66sqm)
– Boundary Landscaping
– 2m Acoustic Fences
Hours of Operation
– 6am to 7pm Monday to Friday,
The proposed childcare centre has been designed with a basement car park, providing 18 car park spaces (one (1) PWD space). Pedestrian and Vehicle propose access is to Kurts Street
The planners at Zone Planning Group state, “the proposed development provides an essential community use which caters directly to the local residential catchment. The development has been designed to integrate with and complement the surrounding neighbourhood character as much as practically possible. To this effect, the development utilises a range of subtropical design features, residential-scale building elements and dense landscaping and acoustic treatments to maintain a high level of residential amenity and to make a positive contribution to streetscape character”.
The proposal includes 639.5sqm of GFA, with 682.5 (54.2%) site cover over the 1,258.56sqm site.
The Application Information and References
– Date Lodged: 7 February 2018
– Council Reference: A004852307
– Address: 14 & 18 Kurts Street, Holland Park West
– Zone: Low Density Residential
– Neighbourhood Plan: Holland Park-Tarragindi District
– Application Report: Zone Planning Group
– Design Drawings: Local Office Architecture,
– Landscape Architect: Green Synthesis Design
– Interactive Image: Google Streetview
Source: Information, Drawings and Images
All article information is sourced and available for review from BCC pdonline or other referenced locations.
Have you Liked Your Neighbourhood ?