A development application has been lodged for a Bar & Refurbishments within the John Reid & Nephews Building, located at 20, 26 and 36 Charlotte Street, Brisbane City.
Designed by Red Door Architecture, the proposal is for hotel and associated building works within the local heritage place, which includes new mezzanine level, new bar fit out and roof height modifications.
– New hotel (bar) internal fit-out
– Partially replace roof at a higher pitch
– Replace courtyard pavement
– Construct a new mezzanine level (91sqm)
– Ground floor bar area (195sqm)
– Bar, window and various seating areas
– Bar and preparation area
– Cold room and dry storage area
– Service Bay via ‘Stereo Lane’
– Mechanical plant room
– Internal walls and two (2) existing central columns
– Storage room
– Amenities room
The proposal does not include any works to the front façade and seeks to retain the building height, bulk and scale.
The planners at Urban Strategies, state that, “the development will have no obvious built form changes when viewed from Charlotte Street. It is proposed to retain an existing facade of Heritage Significance and undertake alterations to the internal layout and roof form of the building. The existing brick façade will remain unchanged and thus continue to enhance the cultural perception of Charlotte Street and the city centre”.
The proposal includes 263sqm of gross floor area within the 1,888sqm site.
We encourage you to like the Your Neighbourhood Facebook page, to be updated on other projects or developments in Brisbane or surrounds.
The Application Information and References
– Date Lodged 2 May 2018
– Council Reference: A004913901
– Address: 20, 26 and 36 Charlotte Street, Brisbane City
– Zone: Principal Centre
– Neighbourhood Plan: City Centre
– Application Report: Urban Strategies
– Design Drawings: Red Door Architecture
– Heritage Report: Conrad Gargett
– Interactive Image: Google Streetview
Source: Information, Drawings and Images
All article information is sourced and available for review from BCC pdonline or other referenced locations.
Liked Your Neighbourhood ?