A development application has been lodged for a large Child Care Centre, located at 254 – 256 Hawken Drive, Boomerang Road & 92 Dell Road, St Lucia.
Designed by Opus Architecture, the proposal is for a Child Care Centre with a maximum building height of 2 storeys (approx. 9.5m in height). The proposal is within low density residential zone and will remove the three (3) existing residential dwelling to facilitate the development. The bus stop and amenities on Boomerang Road are outlined on the drawings to be maintained the current form, with the pedestrian access in close proximity.
– 148 children
– GFA 989.5sqm
– 2 Levels of external play area
– 2 Storey (stepped into slope)
– 1.8m and 2m high noise barriers
The proposed day care service seeks to operate from 6.30am to 6.30pm (Monday to Friday).
The proposed child care centre has been designed with undercroft covered basement car park area, providing 36 car park spaces (including one (1) PWD space) and bicycle parking. Pedestrian and vehicle propose access to Boomerang Road.
The planners at Planning Initiatives, state “it is anticipated that the surrounding area will continue to be developed in keeping with the existing established mixed use character of this section of St Lucia, predominately comprising low and medium density residential uses as well as small scale commercial and retail uses compatible with the Neighbourhood Centre Zone.”
The proposal includes 989.5sqm of GFA, on the 1,505sqm site.
The Application Information and References
– Date Lodged 28 November 2017
– Council Reference: A004802182
– Address: 254 – 256 Hawken Drive & 92 Dell Road, St Lucia
– Zone: Low Density Residential
– Neighbourhood Plan: Toowong Indooroopilly District
– Application Report: Planning Initiatives
– Design Drawings: Opus Architecture
– Interactive Image: Google Streetview
Source: Information, Drawings and Images
All article information is sourced and available for review from BCC pdonline or other referenced locations.