Brisbane City Council have announced the upgrades for Gaythorne Village Precinct Project, located at Samford Road, Gaythorne.
A revitalisation strategy and improvements project will be developed by Brisbane City Council for a number of upgrades to rejuvenate the shopping precinct to provide a more vibrant, safer and connected area. The aim of the project is to improve the aesthetics of the precinct, improving the amenity for shoppers and creating a vibrant place to visit. The project is expected to encourage local economy of the neighbourhood centre.
Brisbane City Council website outlines “Council will design and deliver public realm improvements, breathing new life into local shopping precincts with the aim of contributing to the commercial vitality of the precinct by creating:
– a beautiful precinct: high-quality, attractive public spaces that are accessible, safe and comfortable to walk through; spaces that encourage the local community to meet, linger and enjoy
– a precinct for people: streets that are inclusive and inviting places for everyone to shop, socialise and relax
– a sense of place: reinforcing the local character and pride, and creating distinctive subtropical spaces for local residents, businesses and visitors to connect with and belong to”.
The Council allowed public comment on the neighbourhood centre during August 2018 and will create an improvement proposal based on the feedback obtained. The proposal will be on display in the Gaythorne shopping centre and other key locations in late 2018.
– Pedestrian crossings safety
– Pedestrian footpath upgrades
– Improved accessibility and visual amenity
– Tree planting to improve visual and physical amenity
– Ground cover plantings to improve visual amenity
– Street furniture to improve physical amenity and accessibility
– Public artwork to enrich local identity and express local culture
August 2018 – Community engagement on improvement plan.
Late 2018 – Improvement plan displayed
Early 2019 – Construction commencing
Mid 2019 – Construction completed
The Information and References
– Interactive Image: Google Aerial and Streetview
Source: Information, Drawings and Images
All article information is sourced and available for review from BCC pdonline or other referenced locations.
Like Your Neighbourhood?