A development application has been lodged for two (2) Residential Towers that will accommodate Multiple Dwellings, Office and Retail space, located at Fortescue Street and Little Edward Street, Spring Hill.
Designed by Red Door Architecture, the proposal seeks one hundred and sixty eight (168) high density units within two (2) residential towers that both have maximum building heights of 15 storeys. The site is within the Mixed Use zone, with the existing three (3) storey residential and commercial building to be removed to facilitate the redevelopment.
– Forty (40) x1 bedroom units
– Eighty Eight (88) x2 bedroom units
– Forty (40) x3 bedroom units
Tower – Little Edward Street
– Stage 1
– 15 storeys
– 3 storey podium / street building
– 3 basement levels of car parking
– Tower site cover of 812m2 or 55%
– 87 residential units
– 299sqm of communal space
– 2 areas identified for centre activities uses
– 120 car spaces
– 102 bicycle spaces
– 18 x 1 bedroom units
– 35 x 2 bedroom units
– 34 x 3+ bedroom units
– 773 square metres of commercial space
Tower – Fortescue Street
– Stage 2
– 15 storeys
– 2 storey podium / street building
– 3.5 basement levels of car parking
– Tower site cover of 677m2 or 56%
– 81 residential units
– 345sqm of communal space
– 1 area identified for centre activities uses
– 100 car spaces
– 110 bicycle spaces
– 22 x 1 bedroom units
– 53 x 2 bedroom units
– 6 x 3 bedroom units
– 204 square metres of commercial space
The proposed development provides private open space in the form of balconies for every unit. Communal roof top areas are provided for each building, as well a landscape laneway on the ground level of the Fortescue Street Building. An infinity pool is provided on the rooftop of the Fortescue Street Building and x2 plunge pools provided on Little Edward Street rooftop.
The proposal seeks 213 residential car parking spaces provided within the basement level. Pedestrian and vehicle access is provided to both Fortescue Street and Little Edward Street
The planners at Urban Strategies state, “The proposal will revitalise the site through the provision of a high quality mixed use development, delivered through two independent stages comprising differing design intents with a consistent rationale. The proposal capitalises on the sites elevated location providing high quality units of varying size and configuration.
The proposal further recognises the need to provide commercial and retailing opportunities to see the true revitalisation of Spring Hill and as such provides expansive tenancies within a highly pedestrianised environment. Historic pedestrian connectivity challenges of the locality are recognised and addressed through the provision of a pedestrian laneway through the site”.
The proposal includes both 812sqm (55%) site cover for Little Edward Street Building and 677sqm (56%) site cover for Fortescue Street Building over the combined 2,691sqm subject site.
We encourage you to like the Your Neighbourhood Facebook page, to be updated on other projects or developments in Brisbane or surrounds.
The Application Information and References
– Date Lodged 17 July 2019
– Council Reference: A005240928
– Address: 25 & 29 Fortescue St and 50, 54 & 56 Little Edward St, Spring Hill
– Zone: Mixed Use (Inner City)
– Neighbourhood Plan: Spring Hill
– Town Planning Report: Urban Strategies
– Architecture Drawings: Red Door Architecture
– Interactive Image: Google Aerial and Streetview
Source: Information, Drawings and Images
All article information is sourced and available for review from BCC pdonline or other referenced locations.
Liked Your Neighbourhood ?