A development application has been lodged for Fast Food Restaurant, Child Care Centre and Subdivision located at Albany Creek Road and 12-16 Keong Road, Albany Creek.
The proposal is for a Fast Food Restaurant and Child Care Centre within two (2) separate buildings of a maximum building height of 2-3 storeys (9m in height) within the Suburban Neighbourhood Precinct of the General Residential Zone.
The subdivision prepared by Bennett and Bennett divides the existing lot into 2 lots and provides an allotment for each development. The northern portion of the site, known as new Lot 1 will accommodate the fast food restaurant and the southern portion of the site, known as Lot 2 will accommodate the child care centre. A new easement will provide shared access between both allotments.
– Lot 1 (Fast Food Restaurant) – 1,446sqm
– Lot 2 (Child Care Centre) – 1,202sqm
– Easement (Emt A) – 243sqm
Child Care Centre (Green Leaves – Early Learning Centre)
Designed by Opus Architecture, the proposal is for a Community Facility (Child Care Centre) with a maximum building height of 2-3 storeys (below 9m in height).
– 109 children
– GFA 781sqm
– 3 External play areas
– 2 Storey
– Acoustic fence around outdoor play area
32 car park spaces (including 1 disability space) are provided within both Ground Floor and Basement Levels and vehicle access to the site proposed to Keong Road and Albany Creek Road, via an new shared driveway
Fast Food Restaurant (Hungry Jakes with Drive Thru)
Designed by Kass & Associates Architecture, the proposal is for a Fast Food Restaurant and Drive Thru, with a maximum building height of 1 storeys (below 8m in height).
– Restaurant and Drive Thru (11 car capacity)
– GFA 223sqm – Pedestrian access from Albany Creek Road
– 1 Storey
– Loading bay
– 1.2 metre high solid fence is proposed along
– 24 hours per day, 7 days per week
12 car park spaces (including 1 disability space) are provided on the Ground Floor and vehicle access to the site proposed to Keong Road and Albany Creek Road, via an new shared driveway.
The planners at Consult Planning, state “the proposal provides a building form, bulk and scale which is consistent with other development within the surrounding context and the intent for development on this site. The proposal makes a positive contribution to the visual appearance of the site frontages with the buildings addressing the frontages, allowing for passive visual surveillance and providing a pedestrian scale”.
The Application Information and References
– Date Lodged 23 May 2017
– Council Reference: 2017 / 34041 / V234C
– Address: Albany Creek Road and 12-16 Keong Road, Albany Creek
– Zone: General Residential Zone (Suburban Neighbourhood Precinct)
– Neighbourhood Plan: None
– Application Report: Consult Planning
– Fast Food Drawings: Kass & Associates Architecture
– Child Care Centre Drawings: Opus Architecture
– Subdivision Drawings: Bennett and Bennett
Source: Information, Drawings and Images
All article information is sourced and available for review from MBRC pdonline or other referenced locations.