Construction is set to begin on the Sandstone Point Family Holiday Resort, which has been approved for 1780-1820 Bribie Island Road, Sandstone Point.
Designed by Comiskey Group, the Resort provides a range of short term accommodation including cabins, caravan sites and camping sites. The proposal will redevelop vacant land besides the existing Sandstone Point Hotel and Function Centre development. The proposal will integrate on site recreation facilities with the existing natural features and open space.
– 49 Cabins
– 67 Powered Caravan/Camping Sites
– 12 Powered Caravan/Camping Sites with ensuite
– 22 Tent Camping Sites
– 3 Shared BBQ/Camp Kitchen Areas
– 2 Amenities Blocks
– Water play park and Swimming pool
– Café/lounge area
– Tennis court
– Children’s playground and Jumping pillow
The tent sites are positioned to the southern portion of the site and the proposed cabins (four (4) types) will be positioned around the recreation area
– Type A: 2 bedroom, single storey cabin
– Type B: 3 bedroom, single storey cabin
– Type C: 1 bedroom, single storey cabin
– Type D: 3 bedroom, two storey cabin
15 car park spaces (1 wash down) are provided to the centre of the site, with vehicle access provided to a private road extending from the Sandstone Point Hotel and Function Centre access. Pedestrian access is provided within the Family Holiday Resort and throughout the overall site.
The planners at I.B. Town Planning, state “the natural features of the site make it well suited for the proposed holiday resort, reflecting the open space and landscaped character of the hotel development proposed on the site to the north of the resort. The holiday resort will provide accommodation that will complement the proposed multi-storey motel in the adjoining development, whilst maintaining a consistent theme throughout the whole site”.
“The proposed holiday resort continues the character of the adjoining development by resulting in a small footprint with a substantial emphasis on open space and recreation areas. This ensures that extensive landscaped areas are provided, therefore creating a very high standard of visual amenity with minimal impact on the surrounding area.”
The proposal includes 1,000sqm of GFA on the 6ha resort area (32.43ha overall site area).
The Application Information and References
– Date Lodged 20 September 2012
– Date Approved 23 December 2013
– Council: Moreton Bay Regional Council
– Council Reference: DA/27168/2012/V2L
– Council Extension Refence 2012/27168/VEXT/1
– Address: 1780-1820 Bribie Island Road, Sandstone Point
– Zone: Rural
– Neighbourhood Plan: None
– Application Report: I.B. Town Planning
– Design Drawings: Comiskey Group
Source: Information, Drawings and Images
All article information is sourced and available for review from MBRC pdonline or other referenced locations.