New ALDI, Retail and Refurbishments – Fairfield Shopping Centre Extension – 180 Fairfield Road, Fairfield
A development application has been lodged for an ALDI and new Retail in an extension to Fairfield Shopping Centre, located at 180 Fairfield Road, Fairfield. Designed by TRG Queensland, the proposal is for a new ALDI Supermarket above the existing car parking area fronting Brougham Street, positioned in the northern portion of the site of the existing shopping centre. The shopping centre is proposed to be extended to accommodate a new tenancy and an alfresco outdoor dining area along the Fairfield Road façade.
The proposed ALDI will include
– Gross Floor Area of 1,712sqm
– Single storey tenancy above the existing car
– New corner tower sign
– Pedestrian link between the existing shopping centre
– A new service vehicle access (entry only) from Brougham Street
– Aldi will be re-line marked with 33 spaces
– Loading dock and lift/stair core provided from the under croft car park
The proposed Minor Shopping Centre Extension will include
– New Entry Sign and Update Pylon Sign
– New tenancy of 218sqm
– Single storey in height
– Majority of the existing centre retained
– Existing Taxi Rank and landscaping to be removed
– Modifications to existing shopfronts and awnings
– New toilet s for BCC buses and bus stop refurbishments
According to the planners at Town Planning Alliance, “the proposed new Aldi will reflect a single storey tenancy above the existing car park to Brougham Street. A pedestrian link is proposed providing connectivity between the existing shopping centre and the new Aldi tenancy. The small extension to the shopping centre will reflect a single storey form and will support enhanced activation of the centre through the provision of a subtropical alfresco dining area. The proposed Aldi and new addition to the shopping centre adopt a contemporary architectural design solution that will contribute to positively to the streetscape and local area. The design supports a subtropical design through the inclusion of lightweight materials/elements, outdoor spaces, screen elements, overhangs and awnings”.
The application was lodged 20 December 2016 @ Fairfield Shopping Centre, located at 180 Fairfield Road Fairfield. Source: Application Report was prepared by Town Planning Alliance, Architectural Plans prepared by TRG Queensland and available for review from BCC pdonline. See Council reference: A004548559 for more information.