A development application has been lodged for an External Dining Area at Toombul Shopping Centre, located at 1015 Sandgate Road, Nundah.
Designed by Thomson Adsett, the proposal seeks to provide a new roof extending out from the existing shopping centre façade, providing weather protection to this ground floor paved area, beside the entrance to Toombul Shopping Centre.
The new covered dining area will be used by existing retail tenancies within the Toombul Shopping Centre and provide alfresco dining opportunities that will encourage the use of the Centre during the afternoon and evening.
– New Outdoor Dining area (298sqm)
– Open design linked to centre entrance
– Screening and timber batten finish
– Retained hedge (small section removed)
– New pedestrian crossing location
– Steel structure to match façade
– New floor finish with some pavement retained
The proposal does not involve any internal refurbishments or additional frontage activation along this section of the Toombul Shopping Centre.
According to the planners at Planning Initiatives, “the creation of an additional outdoor dining area is a stepping stone in creating a an 18 hour-a-day 7 day-a-week activity centre, which will significantly improve the vibrancy and liveliness of the Centre, which will further support the centres role as a major retail precinct”.
The Application Information and References
– Date Lodged: 23 March 2018
– Council Reference: A004884040
– Address: Toombul Shopping Centre, 1015 Sandgate Road, Nundah
– Zone: Major Centre Zone
– Neighbourhood Plan: Toombul—Nundah (Toombul Central Precinct)
– Application Report: Planning Initiatives
– Design Drawings: Thomson Adsett
– Interactive Image: Google Streetview
Source: Information, Drawings and Images
All article information is sourced and available for review from BCC pdonline or other referenced locations.
Have you Liked Your Neighbourhood ?to be updated on other projects or developments across Brisbane and surrounds.