A development application has been lodged for the refurbishment of the existing facilities and improvements to the existing Geebung RSL Club, located at 323 Newman Road, Geebung.
Designed by BSPN Architecture, the proposal seeks expansion and refurbishment of the existing building, creating a new cafe, bar and new entrance to the RSL. The proposed expansion will maintain the two (2) storey building height, overall bulk and scale.
Proposed next to the main vehicle access is a memorial garden and landscaping that is repositioned from its current location. The RSL will also have a series of internal areas demolished and refurbished to facilitate the redevelopment.
The works include a proposed façade facelift to provide architectural interest and seek to improve the streetscape along Collings Street and Newman Road. The frontage of the clubhouse will receive a facelift and include an improved pedestrian shared zone across the vehicle entrance.
– Demolition of existing TAB
– New café and bar on the corner of Newman Rd and Collings Street.
– Demolition of the Remembrance Corner Memorial Garden and Sports Bar.
– Relocating of Remembrance Corner Memorial to car park fronting Collings Street.
– Revitalisation of the existing entry and Memorial on the ground level
– Internal additions and refurbishment to the existing club.
The planners at Craven Town Planning state, “Development scale and intensity that is consistent with the specific neighbourhood and proximity to public transport services, height transitions to residential neighbours, creates appropriate streetscapes and landscapes, is sensitive to constraints, provides appropriate vehicular access arrangements and minimises neighbourhood impacts.”
We encourage you to like the Your Neighbourhood Facebook page, to be updated on other projects or developments.
The Application Information and References
– Date Lodged: 3 March 2022
– Council Reference: A005958950
– Address: Geebung RSL Club, located at 323 Newman Road, Geebung
– Zone: District Centre
– Neighbourhood Plan: None
– Town Planning Report: Craven Town Planning
– Architecture Drawings: BSPN Architecture
– Interactive Image: Google Streetview and Aerial
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter
Liked Your Neighbourhood ?
News articles are presented in an unbiased manner from information publicly accessible that include referenced links for the reader to obtain any further information. The facts of the proposed government projects, media releases, school upgrades and development applications are based on the available information at the time of the published date, with information sourced directly from company websites, media releases and development application material. We reference all our information at the end of the articles and promote the creators with website back links.