A development application has been recently lodged for a Club Grandstand and Facilities, located at Eastern Suburbs Football Club, 31 Panitya Street, Greenslopes.
Designed by Brand+Slater, the proposal is for a range of extensions to the existing club facilities, which includes a new grandstand & associated facilities (including gym & function room) that will have a maximum building height of 3 storeys (10.8m high).
The proposal is partly within a Sport and Recreation (District & Local) zones and proposes the demolition of a number of structures to facilitate the intensification of the club facilities to the west of the sports field. The key details are provided below:
– Rugby Amenities
– Kerb and Paths
– Car Park Spaces
– Retained Heritage Gates
– Relocated Old Grandstand
– Relocated Old Players Pavilion
– Grandstand with a total 2,036 seats along Panitya Street frontage
– Western external tiered seating will providing for 1,518 seats
– Southern external tiered seating will provide 336 seats
– Relocated heritage grandstand will provide 150 seats
– Relocated heritage players pavilion
– Level 2 corporate boxes providing for 30 seats.
– Ground Floor training/game support facilities (testing/change, training, referee and physio rooms).
– Public and Club Gymnasium (220sqm in size)
– Public and Club Function Room (302sqm in size)
– Bars and barbeque areas.
91 car park spaces are provided and an additional 82 overflow car parking spaces, with vehicle and pedestrian access proposed via new driveway connection to Panitya Street
The planners at Craven Town Planning state that, “the proposal may be larger than generally anticipated in in the zone, but that is consistent with Easts status as a football club and a leagues club. In that context, the proposed facilities are compatible with the existing leagues club and with Easts long-term standing in the Brisbane rugby leagues arena. It is significant that all built structures cover about 24% of the overall site. However, while this exceeds the 10% nominated in this code, it is well under the 60% specifically nominated for the Langlands Park corridor sub-precinct in the Eastern corridor neighbourhood plan..”
The proposal is for 2,922sqm of GFA, with 8,834.4 (24%) site cover over the 36,810sqm site
The Application Information and References
– Date Lodged 2 March 2018
– Council Reference: A004869034
– Address: 31 Panitya Street, Greenslopes
– Zone: Sport and Recreation
– Neighbourhood Plan: Eastern Corridor
– Application Report: Craven Town Planning
– Design Drawings: Brand+Slater
– Interactive Image: Google Streetview
Source: Information, Drawings and Images
All article information is sourced and available for review from BCC pdonline or other referenced locations.
Have you Liked Your Neighbourhood ?.