Brisbane City Council have announced it will provide flying zones for community use in designated areas throughout Brisbane. Flying drones and other remotely piloted aircraft will be allowed in the chosen trial locations and the project will be monitored for 6 months and reviewed regularly.
The Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) regulates the flying of drones and other remotely piloted aircraft Australia. When flown in the air the pilot must fly the device in accordance with the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations Part 101.
The Brisbane City Council has now regulated the flying of these aircraft, from when they are launched from and landed on Council land.
Parks included in the Trial
– The Common Park – Cambridge Street, Coorparoo (Google Map)
– Preston Road Park – Kate Street, Carina (Google Map)
– Carindale Recreation Reserve – Bedivere Street, Carindale (Google Map)
– Voyager Drive Park – Pioneer Drive, Kuraby (Google Map)
– Cliveden Park – Moorfields Street, Fig Tree Pocket (Google Map)
– Keperra Picnic Ground Park – Tramway Street, Ferny Grove (Google Map)
– Moggill Ferry Reserve – Moggill Road, Moggill (Google Map)
Council have map with the trial parks mapped for simple use and directions
Parks not included in the Trail
Council has outlined strict requirements for devices that can be flown from any Council park without Council consent.
– the drone is a children’s toy or weighs less than 0.5 kg
– the drone weighs less than 0.1kg (within 5.5km of the Brisbane Airport or Archerfield Airport); and
– the drone is being flown for recreational purposes and
– the drone is being flown in a manner that does not endanger, interfere with or cause nuisance to the park, park users or adjoining properties and
– the operator follows the Civil Aviation Safety Authority’s (CASA) safety rules for flying drones and other remotely piloted aircraft recreationally.
Council has issued consent for flying a drone or other remotely piloted aircraft either as part of an event or on its own (e.g. training, racing).
– Community trial will be begin
– Council will review the trial
Source: Information, Drawings and Images
All article information is sourced and available for review from referenced locations