A development application has been lodged for a District Sports and Recreation Park, located at the Nudgee Recreation Reserve, 224, 241 and 290 Elliott Road, Nudgee (opposite Nudgee Train Station).
Designed by Brisbane City Council (City Projects Office) the proposal seeks sporting grounds, dog park, BMX track and provide recreational activities for the residents of Banyo, Virginia and Nudgee.
The former landfill and former sports grounds will undertake decontamination and land remediation works before the district sport and recreation facilities and infrastructure for a district park can be installed.
Current Nudgee Recreation Reserve
– Six (6) touch football fields
– Two (2) soccer fields
– Two (2) cricket fields
– Outdoor gym and fitness equipment
– walking/running/cycling path.
– Outdoor path, providing users with a range of fitness options.
– Sports field lighting for night-time visibility
– New car park and upgraded entry from Elliott Road
– Clubhouse, amenities, change rooms, canteen, storage
– A playground, shelter, picnic settings and a barbecue facility
– Dog off-leash area
– Landscaping and tree removal
– BMX pump track located along south-western portion
– Amenities (accessible to the public outside of operational hours of sport)
– Play node adjacent to amenities
Earthworks for Contaminated land remediation
– removal of all vegetation along the train line property boundary
– leachate generation and future infiltration run-off from fields
– ensure public safety and maintenance of the land remediation work
– compact the landfill plateau through impact rolling fill
– capping grades and an increase of durability of the ground
– reprofile the site with material excavated from directed areas
– 1:4 batter slope created for future maintenance
– capping the material with clay (min 300mm over the waste extent)
– improve surface water run-off and limit future leachate outbreaks
– ensure ongoing maintenance of the clay capping
– minimal vegetation planting over the clay capping.
We encourage you to like the Your Neighbourhood Facebook page, to be updated on other projects or development.
The Application Information and References
– Lodged: 16 March 2021
– Council Reference: A005685740
– Address: 224, 241 and 290 Elliott Road, Nudgee
– Zone: Sport and recreation, Conservation, Environmental Management, Special purpose, Specialised Centre, Centre and Mixed use
– Neighbourhood Plan: Banyo-Northgate
– Application Report: City Projects Office
– Design Drawings: City Projects Office
– Landscape Design: City Projects Office
– BCC Project Page
– Interactive Image: Google Aerial and Streetview
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter
Liked Your Neighbourhood ?
News articles are presented in an unbiased manner from information publicly accessible that include referenced links for the reader to obtain any further information. The facts of the proposed government projects, media releases, school upgrades and development applications are based on the available information at the time of the published date, with information sourced directly from company websites, media releases and development application material. We reference all our information at the end of the articles and promote the creators with website back links.