The City Project Office within the Brisbane City Council City has released concept images in a project update dated July 2021 of the final concept, while the development application is continued to be assessed separately by Brisbane City Council.
The project update outlines that construction is anticipated to commence in late 2021, subject to relevant approvals and is expected to be completed in late 2022.
Designed by Brisbane City Council (City Projects Office) the proposal seeks sporting grounds, dog park, BMX track and provide recreational activities for the residents of Banyo, Virginia and Nudgee.
The former landfill and former sports grounds will undertake decontamination and land remediation works before the district sport and recreation facilities and infrastructure for a district park can be installed.
– Six (6) touch football fields
– Two (2) soccer fields
– Two (2) cricket fields
– Outdoor gym and fitness equipment
– walking/running/cycling path.
– Outdoor path, providing users with a range of fitness options.
– Sports field lighting for night-time visibility
– New car park and upgraded entry from Elliott Road
– Clubhouse, amenities, change rooms, canteen, storage
– A playground, shelter, picnic settings and a barbecue facility
– Dog off-leash area
– Landscaping and tree removal
– BMX pump track located along south-western portion
– Amenities (accessible to the public outside of operational hours of sport)
– Play node adjacent to amenities
We encourage you to like the Your Neighbourhood Facebook page, to be updated on other projects or development.
The Application Information and References
– Lodged: 16 March 2021
– Council Reference: A005685740
– Address: 224, 241 and 290 Elliott Road, Nudgee
– Zone: Sport and recreation, Conservation, Environmental Management, Special purpose, Specialised Centre, Centre and Mixed use
– Neighbourhood Plan: Banyo-Northgate
– Application Report: City Projects Office
– Design Drawings: City Projects Office
– Landscape Design: City Projects Office
– BCC Project Page
– Interactive Image: Google Aerial and Streetview
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter
Liked Your Neighbourhood ?
News articles are presented in an unbiased manner from information publicly accessible that include referenced links for the reader to obtain any further information. The facts of the proposed government projects, media releases, school upgrades and development applications are based on the available information at the time of the published date, with information sourced directly from company websites, media releases and development application material. We reference all our information at the end of the articles and promote the creators with website back links.