A development application has been lodged for a Childcare Centre, located at 1008 Logan Road, Holland Park West.
Designed by Elevation Architecture, the proposal seeks a large two storey childcare centre over the site, with a maximum building height (approximately 10.5m high) surrounded by an existing residential area.
The proposal includes a subdivision (1 into 2 lots) to create a new lot for one of the retained dwellings. The existing church and other dwellings have been integrated into the childcare design, forming part of the streetscape.
– Pre-1946 timber church hall (with post-1946 additions) – Orange
– Post-1946 brick church building (recently demolished) – Blue
– Pre-1946 dwelling building (offices) – Purple
– Pre-1946 dwelling building (offices ) – Yellow.
The proposal will demolish the existing church and single dwelling components to facilitate the redevelopment with new acoustic mitigation measures, landscaping screening, and setbacks to avoid any unreasonable adverse impacts.
– Demolition of part of the existing dwelling house and driveway
– Demolition of the church foyer and driveway
– Relocate the existing church and single dwelling
– Retain a single dwelling on a new lot
– GFA 1,159.6sqm of gross floor area
– 116 place childcare centre, two storeys in height
– 25 car parking spaces (13 Staff) and 1 disabled space on the ground floor
– Pedestrian access is provided from Logan Road
– Vehicle Access is via Logan Road
– 6m wide setback for future road widening
– Acoustic fencing
– Elevated outdoor play area
– Areas of the undercover play area
– 7 activity rooms + muli-purpose room
Hours of Operation
6:30am to 7:00pm (Childcare Centre
7:00am to 6:00pm (Outdoor play areas)
The proposed childcare centre includes 25 car parking spaces (one (1) PWD) within an undercroft car park area. All vehicle and pedestrian access are provided to Logan Road.
The planners at Urbicus state, “Whilst the Low density residential zone is intended to accommodate detached dwellings, the zone allows ‘development for nonresidential uses that serves a local community facility need only, such as a child care centre, and is of a bulk and scale that is compatible with and integrates with the built form intent for the Low density residential zone’”.
“Acknowledging the existing use of the site and current approval, in conjunction with the needs assessment submitted, a new and extended child care centre is considered to have merit on the subject site. Sufficient justification against the Low density residential zone code and Child care centre code should be provided, including submission of the needs assessment provided. No further need analysis is considered necessary”.
The proposal includes 901.9sqm of gross floor area (GFA), with 1,359.3sqm (57.5%) site cover over the 2,364sqm development site.
We encourage you to like the Your Neighbourhood Facebook page, to be updated on other projects or developments.
The Application Information and References
– Lodged: 20 April 2022
– Council Reference: A005994918
– Address: 1008 Logan Road, Holland Park West
– Zone: Character Residential (Infill Housing Precinct)
– Neighbourhood Plan: Coorparoo and Districts
– Application Report: Mewing PLanning Consultants
– Design Drawings: Elevation Architecture
– Landscape Drawings: Greenscape
– Interactive Image: Google Aerial and Streetview
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter
Liked Your Neighbourhood ?
News articles are presented in an unbiased manner from information publicly accessible that include referenced links for the reader to obtain any further information. The facts of the proposed government projects, media releases, school upgrades and development applications are based on the available information at the time of the published date, with information sourced directly from company websites, media releases and development application material. We reference all our information at the end of the articles and promote the creators with website back links.