A development application has been lodged for a Residential Tower, located at 50‐54 Carl Street, Woolloongabba.
Designed by East Coast Construction Company, the proposal seeks sixty (60) high density units within a residential tower that has a maximum building height of 12 storeys (45.5m high). The vacant site is within the High Density Residential zone and will be redeveloped in this proposal.
– Thirty Five (35) x 2 bedroom apartments
– Twenty Five (12) x 4 bedroom apartments
Lower and Upper Basements
– 82 car parks
– Vehicular access/egress
– 7 visitor car parks
– Bicycle spaces
– Manager’s Office and unit
– Entrance lobby
– Communal open space including pool
– Public walkway including disabled ramp and stairs
Floors 1 to 4
– Seven (7) x2 bedroom units per level
Floors 5 to 10
– One (1) x2 bedroom unit
– Four (4) x4 bedroom units
– One (1) x 4 bedroom penthouse
The proposed development provides private open space in the form of balconies for every unit and a large communal open space is provided to the rear of the ground floor, which will include lap pool, decking, internal space, amenities, steam and sauna room.
The proposal contains 89 car parking spaces (80 car parking spaces, 1 PWD and 8 visitor space) are provided within 2 levels of basement car parking. A public walkway will connect to the existing public walkway providing a pedestrian link between Regent Street and Carl Street.
The planners at Lennox Planning and Development state, “the proposal is consistent with the zone and Neighbourhood plan and appropriately considers the prescribed secondary and overlay codes applicable to the use and site. It follows on from an existing approval with a very similar footprint and is only an intensification in terms of the height of the building and the number of units. The intensification of height and density is consistent with Council’s intention for the neighbourhood and therefore presents no concerns in terms of amenity impact or over-development”.
The proposal includes 6,036sqm of gross floor area (GFA) over the 1,518sqm subject site.
We encourage you to like the Your Neighbourhood Facebook page, to be updated on other projects or developments in Brisbane or surrounds.
The Application Information and References
– Date Lodged 15 October 2018
– Council Reference: A005043239
– Address: 50‐54 Carl Street, Woolloongabba.
– Zone: High Density Residential
– Neighbourhood Plan: Eastern Corridor
– Application Report: Lennox Planning and Development
– Architect Drawings: East Coast Construction Company
– Interactive Image: Google Article and Streetview
Source: Information, Drawings and Images
All article information is sourced and available for review from BCC pdonline or other referenced locations.
Liked Your Neighbourhood?