A development application has been lodged for Stone & Wood Brewing Co. for a Micro-Brewery, Bar and Function Space within the existing 2 storey heritage listed building, located at 91, 95 & 99 Bridge Street and East Street, Fortitude Valley.
Designed by Chalmers Partners, the proposal seeks to provide internal refurbishments to the ground floor of the existing building and retain the external façade. The proposed Micro-Brewery will limit the supply of production to only service the customers of the beer hall, dining, function space and shop.
– Demolish partition walls
– Remove existing stairs
– New opening to new kitchen
– Remove portion of flooring
– New entry to mezzanine
– New building opening
– Retained Heritage fabric
– Internal fit out
– Variety of seating arrangements
– Bar layout and function space
– Kitchen and service arrangements
– New building access
– Brewing equipment along the northern wall
– Beer hall and dining area
– Ancillary office space
– Small Retail Shop (takeaway and merchandise)
– Caretaker’s residence
– Servicing from East Street
– 3 car parking spaces Bridge Street
– 883.5sqm of gross floor area
Hours of operation
– Maximum operating hours until midnight
The planners at Town Planning Alliance state, “The proposed Brewery is considered to be ancillary to the Hotel use of the site. The majority of Stone & Wood Beer production will still occur at the Stone & Wood brewery in northern New South Wales. The beer being brewed on site will not be produced for major off-site sales.
Further to this, the proposed Function facility, Shop and Caretaker’s accommodation uses do not involve any components or activities which will jeopardise the functioning of the overall site. As such, the proposed development is considered to achieve the strategic intent of the site with respect to the Planning Scheme”.
The proposal includes the 883.5sqm of gross floor area, 67% site coverage of the 1,827sqm site area.
We encourage you to like the Your Neighbourhood Facebook page, to be updated on other projects or developments in Brisbane or surrounds.
The Application Information and References
– Date Lodged 24 October 2018
– Council Reference: A005051290
– Address: 91, 95 & 99 Bridge Street, Fortitude Valley
– Zone: Mixed use (Inner city)
– Neighbourhood Plan: Fortitude Valley
– Application Report: Town Planning Alliance
– Architect Drawings: Chalmers Partners
– Interactive Image: Google Aerial and Streetview
Source: Information, Drawings and Images
All article information is sourced and available for review from BCC pdonline or other referenced locations.
Like Your Neighbourhood?