A development application has been lodged for a BP Service Station redevelopment, located at 1316 Gympie Road, Aspley.
Designed by Property Architects the proposal seeks to provide a new Service Station Shop that is located in approximate location as the existing.
– Retained Fuel canopy over unleaded and diesel fuel dispensers
– New Service Station Shop/Café (255sqm)
– Retained underground fuel storage tanks, with split compartments
– landscaping along property boundaries the road frontage
– 7 car parking spaces provided
– 1 Storey and 5m maximum building height
– Retained illuminated pylon sign
– Split entrance and exit locations
– Repositioned Albany Creek Road exit
– New LPG tanker unloading area
A temporary shop and store will be established to allow the BP to continue to operate, while the demolition and construction works are carried out.
The planners at Plan A Group state that, “The proposed development will be low scale and will include landscaped areas that will support the amenity of the local area. The proposed Service Station will present to the streetscape in a way reflective of surrounding industrial uses in scale and character and the use of the site will remain as existing. The proposal does not impact on adjoining properties and the height and siting of the buildings is in accordance with the requirements of the planning scheme”.
The proposal is for 225sqm of GFA on the 3,420sqm site.
The Application Information and References
– Date Lodged 29 May 2017
– Council Reference: A004661934
– Address: 1316 Gympie Road, Aspley
– Zone: District Centre Zone ((DC1) District)
– Neighbourhood Plan: Aspley District (Aspley Centre Precinct (NPP-001))
– Application Report: Plan A Group
– Design Drawings: Property Architects
– Landscape Drawings: The Landscape Group
Source: Information, Drawings and Images
All article information is sourced and available for review from BCC pdonline or other referenced locations.