A change to the Gap Village Shopping Centre has been approved, allowing a new ADLI Store and other extension works to occur, located at 17 Glen Affric Street and 970 & 992 Waterworks Road, The Gap.
In August 2015, an extension to the Gap Village Shopping Centre was applied for (Council Reference A004186732) and approved subject to conditions on 20 November 2015.
In July 2016, a change to the development application was approved (Council Reference A004383702) and since that time subsequent associated applications have been assessed by Council (see further applications links at the end). The last of the applications were approved in January 2017 and seems likely that the construction will commence in shortly in early 2017.
The Gap Village Shopping Centre extension includes:
– Additional 1,760sqm ALDI Supermarket
– Additional Mall Area
– Additional Shops (400sqm and 50sqm)
Other elements that will change at the Shopping Centre
– 88 under croft car parking and 4 motorcycle spaces, totalling 616 car parking spaces
– Access taking via Glen Affric Street
– Existing driveway access realigned for service area
– New driveway connections made to existing car park
– 2 existing shops to be removed (73sqm) to extend the mall to new shops area
– 1 shop reduced in size (46sqm to 20sqm)
– Demolition of existing footpaths, fence, shed, driveway, trees ramps and toilets
– Provision of ramps, lifts and stairs
– Provision of new amenities and end of trip facilitates
The approved change application was lodged 13 May 2016 and approved 19 July 2016 @ 17 Glen Affric Street and 970 & 992 Waterworks Road, The Gap. Source: Application report was prepared by Place Design Group, Plans were prepared by Thomson Adsett and available for review from BCC pdonline, see Council reference: A004383702 for more information.
– Extension, Centre Activity Within Centre – Approved 20 November 2015 (Reference A004186732)
– Change to Centre Activity Within Centre – Approved 19 July 2016 (Reference A004383702)
– Filling and Excavation – Approved 18 January 2017 (Reference A004560128)
– Stormwater Management Plan Easements – Approved 30 January 2017 (Reference A004570644)