A development application has been lodged for the expansion of the existing Park Ridge Town Centre Shopping Centre, located at 15-69 Jedfire Street and 3732-3744 Mount Lindesay Highway, Park Ridge.
Designed by Cottee Parker, the proposal seeks further Retail Tenancies, a Supermarket, Childcare Centre, Swim School and Office buildings over 3 stages. The proposal seeks a major redevelopment to the designated balance land along the eastern boundary of the development site.
– ALDI Supermarket (1,550sqm)
– Specialty Store (450sqm)
– Swim School (500sqm)
– Mini-Major (1,500sqm)
– x2 Office building (2,700sqm)
– Childcare Centre (1,450sqm)
– x6 Retail Kiosk / Tenancies (865sqm)
– Extended internal mall and fixtures
– Car parking area and internal roads
– Earthworks to cut into new battered slope.
The ALDI Supermarket, Mini Major Store and further retail will be positioned at the end of the extended mall located on the ground floor. The swim school will be located in a separate building across the car park opposite the shopping centre.
Two levels of car parking will front Doug White Drive and be accessed via a ramp to Jedfire Street. Two Office buildings with a maximum building height of three (3) storey will be positioned above the provided car parking area, as well as a single storey childcare centre.
The proposal requires the demolition of all structures, car parking and internal driveways and require significant earthworks to facilitate the development along the eastern boundary of the shopping centre.
– Stage 1: ALDI Supermarket, Retail, Mall extension and Swim School
– Stage 2: Mini Major store, Retail and Car parking levels
– Stage 3A: Office building
– Stage 3B: Office building
– Stage 3C: Childcare Centre
The planners at Plan A Town Planning state, “the site has been previously developed for retail and commercial purposes and the proposed extension is considered appropriately located and consistent with the outcomes sought under the Planning Scheme. The proposal is not considered to create any adverse impacts to the adjoining land uses”.
The proposal seeks to an additional 8,950sqm of gross floor area (GFA) on the 62,450sqm site.
We encourage you to like the Your Neighbourhood Facebook page, to be updated on other projects or developments.
The Application Information and References
– Date Lodged: 17 December 2020
– Council Reference: MCUC-88-2020
– Council: Logan City Council
– Address: 15-69 Jedfire Street and 3732-3744 Mount Lindesay Highway Park Ridge
– Zone: Centre
– Neighbourhood Plan: N/A
– Application Report: Plan A Town Planning
– Design Drawings: Cottee Parker
– Interactive Image: Google Aerial and Streetview
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter
Liked Your Neighbourhood ?
News articles are presented in an unbiased manner from information publicly accessible that include referenced links for the reader to obtain any further information. The facts of the proposed government projects, media releases, school upgrades and development applications are based on the available information at the time of the published date, with information sourced directly from company websites, media releases and development application material. We reference all our information at the end of the articles and promote the creators with website back links.