The development application has been recently approved for Centre Activities (Extensions to a Shopping Centre) in respect of land at 735 Beams Road, Carseldine, known as Carseldine Central.
Designed by Malone Buchan Laird & Bawden, the proposal seeks minor extensions to the floor area, internal refurbishments and car parking improvements to the Carseldine Central shopping centre.
The proposed works involve only a minor increase and GFA and include the following components
– 246sqm for new specialty retail built at the ‘upper level’ and within the lower level ramp void
– 70sqm of additional storage area and 10 new car parking bays within the undercroft of the new retail component
– 160sqm of additional storage area along the southern wall of the ‘lower level’
– New kiosk totalling 18.35sqm and 6.65sqm of associated seating (outdoor dining) in proximity of the travelator/Woolworths entrance
– The provision of screening to enclose the void between the ‘upper level’ and ‘lower level’ along the vehicle ramp.
6,256sqm is the proposed total GFA, with 15,359sqm (81.5%) site cover of the irregular shaped 18,850sqm site area.
According to the planners at Wolter Consulting Group, “The external façade of the building (fronting Gympie Road) is designed to follow the pre-existing curve of the access ramp, which naturally promotes a sense of integration into the existing built form. A combination of high quality materials and architectural features, including feature panels, screening and varied roof lines and roof overhangs will further articulate the building form and promote shadowing to enhance visual interest created by the building façade. The other expansion components include transforming an existing plant area within the basement (lower level) to additional storage and the inclusion of a new kiosk and associated dining area near the entrance to Woolworths”.[espro-slider id=6800]
The application was lodged 13 October 2016 @735 Beams Road, Carseldine (Carseldine Central Shopping Centre). Source: Application Report was prepared by Wolter Consulting Group, Plans of Development prepared by Malone Buchan Laird & Bawden and available for review from BCC pdonline. See Council reference: A004496455 for more information.