The Latest Stage in the $6.9 Million Dollar Intersection Upgrade for Sandgate and Junction Roads, Clayfield has been released.
Designed by the Department of Transport and Main Roads (The Department), the proposal is sought to improve safety at this intersection for pedestrians, road users and the local community.
This Stage is the last stage outlined by the Department at the intersection with upgrade works to modify lanes, medians, some footpaths. The works are outlined to be 6 months in duration and begin in mid 2016.
The upgrade works are being carried out in the following stages:
- service investigation works (up to 5 weeks duration) – completed
- service relocation works (approximately 6 months duration) – completed
- upgrade works to modify lanes, medians, some footpaths (up to 6 months duration) – to begin mid 2016.
The Department outlines that this intersection at Sandgate and Junction Roads, Clayfield is one of the busiest in the Brisbane metropolitan area, with more than 51,000 vehicles passing through each day.
Proposed works to be included in the upgrade are:
- Left Turn Lane Extensions
- Right Turn Lane Extensions
- New Concreate Medians/Traffic Islands
- Modifications to Left Slip Lane
- Realignment of Footpath
- New Mountable Asphalt Roundabout
- Road Resurfacing
Source: The information is available on the Department of Transport and Main Roads Website (Released 28 July 2016)
Sandgate and Junction Roads intersection upgrade, Clayfield
Link to the proposed Design