A new development application has been lodged by X Cargo for an Entertainment Venue, located 43 McLachlan Street, Fortitude Valley.
Designed by Evoke Architects, the proposal is for various shipping containers installed onsite and utilised as a kitchen, café, bars, food and drinks service to support open air dining and entertainment spaces and tipped as a game changing for the Fortitude valley. The proposal is similar to the previous application lodged and approved in 2017.
The unique design draws on other entertainment venues that have utilised recycling shipping containers, with the proposal seeking to establish itself as a distinctive entertainment venue, boasting verandah sky decks, lounging, casual dining and food trucks.
The proposal seeks a maximum building height of 3 storeys (approx. 8.5m in overall height) and a 2-3 storey appearance from McLachlan Street. The existing timber building that fronts Berwick Street will remain and be used as ancillary office space.
– Kitchen and Café
– 2x Bars
– Lounge and deck areas (2nd and 3rd Floor)
– Rooftop balcony orientated towards the street
– Outdoor seating and shade covers
– Transparent façade (acoustic wall)
– Modern landscaping throughout
The proposed entertainment venue has been designed to utilise the existing car park area and not provide any car park spaces. Pedestrian access is via large security gate to McLachlan Street.
The planners at Steffan Town Planning, state “the proposed is intends on utilising recycled shipping containers, which will ensure that the future development of the site is not hindered. Public access to the development will be achieved along the McLachlan Street frontage only. No alteration to the Berwick Street frontage is proposed as part of this application.”
The proposal includes 760.7sqm of GFA, with 379sqm (30.2%) over the 1,255sqm site.
The Application Information and References
– Date Lodged 4 January 2018
– Council Reference: A004827557
– Address: 43 McLachlan Street, Fortitude Valley
– Zone: MU1 Mixed Use (Inner City)
– Neighbourhood Plan: Fortitude Valley
– Application Report: Steffan Town Planning
– Design Drawings: Evoke Architects
– Landscape Design: The Landscape Group
– Concept Render Images: X Cargo
– Interactive Image: Google Streetview
– Appealed Previous Development Approval (Council ref: A004564628)
Source: Information, Drawings and Images
All article information is sourced and available for review from BCC pdonline or other referenced locations.
Have you Liked Your Neighbourhood ?