A development application has been lodged for Multiple Dwellings, located at 102 – 108 Berrima Street Wynnum.
Designed by Thinktank Architects, the proposal seeks thirty nine (39) medium density residential units within a residential building that has a maximum building height of 9 storeys (29.6m in height). The proposal seeks to remove a single storey commercial building to facilitate the proposed development.
– Four (4) x 1 bedroom apartments
– Fifteen (15) x 2 bedroom apartments
– Twenty (20) x 3 bedroom apartments
– 37 car parking spaces
– Vehicle Access from Berrima Street
– Pedestrian access from Berrima Street
– 26 car parking spaces
Level 1 – 4
– One (1) x1 bedroom apartments
– Three (3) x2 bedroom apartments
– Two (2) x3 bedroom apartments
Level 5 – 7
– One (1) x2 bedroom apartments
– Four (4) x3 bedroom apartments
– Barbeque area
– Gym, meeting room
– Library, cinema room
– Residents lounge
– pool and decking
– Outdoor dining space
– Planter box landscaping
The proposal provides private open space in the form of balcony areas for each apartment and has provided communal open space on ground floor (39.3sqm) and rooftop (400.4sqm).
The proposal provides 63 car parking spaces with vehicle access and pedestrian access from Barrima Street.
The planners at Atomic Town Planning state, “The bulk and scale of the building is consistent with intended form and character of Wynnum CBD Northern Frame sub-precinct of the Wynnum – Manly Neighbourhood Plan area, not being dissimilar to other developments which have been approved by Brisbane City Council in more recent times. There are no buildings proposed to be retained as part of the development and no significant infrastructure or services within the subject site”.
The proposal seeks 670sqm (55%) in site cover across the 1,214sqm development site.
We encourage you to like the Your Neighbourhood Facebook page, to be updated on other projects or developments in Brisbane or surrounds.
The Application Information and References
– Date Lodged: 8 October 2019
– Council Reference: A005301947
– Address: 102 – 108 Berrima Street Wynnum
– Zone: High Density Residential
– Neighbourhood Plan: Wynnum – Manly
– Application Report: Atomic Town Planning
– Design Drawings: Thinktank Architects
– Landscape Design: Butler & Webb
– Interactive Image: Google Aerial and Streetview
Source: Information, Drawings and Images
All article information is sourced and available for review from BCC pdonline or other referenced locations.
Have you Liked Your Neighbourhood ?